Are you a Student? Home cook? You can’t cook! Let Chef Femi show you how.
Learning the HOWS and WHYS of Cooking is about learning the basic cooking methods taught in culinary school – And applying these skills to cook anything you desire.
The Benefits of Taking Cooking Class:
- Build confidence in cooking for yourself
- Save money by learning to cook for yourself and family
- Create new and interesting dishes
- Work with new, unique ingredients
- Learn how to cook for a specific diet; vegetarian, gluten-free, etc.
- Learn basic and advanced culinary techniques
- Learn smart shortcuts to maximize your efficiency in the kitchen
- Learn and practice knife skills and safety
- Learn about food safety and sanitation
CULINARY BASIC SERIES
Great cuisine rests on the mastery of seemingly simple preparations and techniques that determine the quality of the final product. The most crucial of these are the cooking methods and knife skills.
- Cooking Methods
- Sautéing proteins, starches, and vegetables
• Pan-frying proteins, starches, and vegetables
• Deep-frying proteins, starches, and vegetables
• Grilling proteins, starches, and vegetables
• Roasting proteins, starches, and vegetables
- Knife skills
- Food safety and sanitation
- Palate development
- Culinary Math
- Basic sauce making
- Thickening Agent
- Herbs and Spices
- Salad and Salad Dressing
ADVANCED COOKING, PLATING & PRESENTATION
The challenges of bringing together all the components of food require rigorous attention to timing and proper sequencing of tasks. This course is designed to enable students to assimilate these skills as they learn how to prepare and plate food.
- Food Plating
- Food Presentation
- Table Setting
- Introduction to Meat, Fish, AND Poultry
Fee: N40,000 .00